Obituary: Sandra Lynn Weston
January 30, 2014
Sandra Lynn Weston
Sept. 24, 1958 – Dec. 2, 2013
Sandra Lynn Weston, of Fairplay, Colo., passed away on Dec. 2, 2013, with her family by her side. Sandy was born to Richard and Sunny Johnson in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 24, 1958. She is survived by her husband, Joel Weston; her sons, Alex, 21, and Sam, 18; her mother, Sunny (Denny) George; her father, Richard (Pam) Johnson; and her sister Kathy (Donny) Diehl.
Sandy moved to Breckenridge in 1978 and began a 35-year career at RETCO Inc., better known as The Shirt Off My Back. Sandy met the love of her life, Joel, and they married in 1991. They purchased the South Park Saloon in Alma and relocated to Fairplay.
Sandy was known for being an amazing wife, mother, businesswoman and friend.
She was fondly known as "Mom" to many of Alex and Sam's friends and teammates. Sandy loved to travel, her favorite being the family's summer trips to Lake Powell. Sandy's warm smile, generous spirit and love of life will be greatly missed.
A Celebration of Life ceremony will be held on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Beaver Run Resort, at 5 p.m. Donations can be made to South Park High School Athletic Department.
Arrangements by Fairplay – Runyan Mortuary. Condolences may be offered online at RunyanMortuary.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep