Obituary: Sandra Lynn Weston
January 30, 2014
Sandra Lynn Weston
Sept. 24, 1958 – Dec. 2, 2013
Sandra Lynn Weston, of Fairplay, Colo., passed away on Dec. 2, 2013, with her family by her side. Sandy was born to Richard and Sunny Johnson in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 24, 1958. She is survived by her husband, Joel Weston; her sons, Alex, 21, and Sam, 18; her mother, Sunny (Denny) George; her father, Richard (Pam) Johnson; and her sister Kathy (Donny) Diehl.
Sandy moved to Breckenridge in 1978 and began a 35-year career at RETCO Inc., better known as The Shirt Off My Back. Sandy met the love of her life, Joel, and they married in 1991. They purchased the South Park Saloon in Alma and relocated to Fairplay.
Sandy was known for being an amazing wife, mother, businesswoman and friend.
She was fondly known as "Mom" to many of Alex and Sam's friends and teammates. Sandy loved to travel, her favorite being the family's summer trips to Lake Powell. Sandy's warm smile, generous spirit and love of life will be greatly missed.
A Celebration of Life ceremony will be held on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Beaver Run Resort, at 5 p.m. Donations can be made to South Park High School Athletic Department.
Arrangements by Fairplay – Runyan Mortuary. Condolences may be offered online at RunyanMortuary.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government