Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Regional
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Mountain Town News: Crested Butte hits the sweet spot of tourism
- Leadville's looking for a little help to buy the legendary Tabor Opera House