Denver just became a ski-in, ski-out town
August 28, 2016
Gary DeFrange remembers that spring afternoon in 2009 when he watched the former Ski Train disappear into the Moffat Tunnel for the last time. It was the end of a nearly 70-year run of weekend train service between downtown Denver and Winter Park ski area.
He vowed to get that train back.
To read the full version of this story, visit The Denver Post website here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- CDOT exploring project to reduce congestion on westbound I-70 corridor
- Officials confirm season’s fourth ski fatality at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- 5 Colorado craft breweries rank among Top 50 in U.S.
- Eagle County weighs single-stream recycling pressure from region, including Summit County
- I-70 Traction Bill to return to Colorado legislature this session
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- CDOT starts $2.5 million wildlife fence installation on I-70