Wheat Ridge police arrest roommate in death of Leann “Annie” Meyer
Ryan Summerlin August 6, 2013
Authorities have arrested the former roommate of Leann “Annie” Meyer on suspicion of murder.
Melissa Miller, 54, of Lakewood was arrested Monday by Wheat Ridge police and investigators with the Park County Sheriff’s Office, according to Wheat Ridge police.
Miller was arrested at the Wheat Ridge police station, said John Romero, Wheat Ridge police spokesman. Romero could not comment on whether Miller turned herself in.
Miller is being held without bond in the Park County jail.
Meyer was reported missing in late February. Her remains were discovered July 4 near a cabin in Park County. There were no signs of a struggle or foul play at Meyer’s home in the 4700 block of Newland Street, police said. The cause of death has yet to be released.
To read this article in its entirety, go to http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23665474/wheat-ridge-police-arrest-roommate-death-leann-annie#ixzz2ZFHzeCum
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)
- Crime spree earns man 42-year prison sentence
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- Nebraska deals with marijuana influx from Colorado
- Mountain Town News: On 100th birthday, questions about the role of parks (column)
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills