Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: SpecialSections
- Summit County sheriff race begins with a Republican nomination
- Solar gardens are growing slowly out West
- Surviving Summit: Rethink your core to find relief from back pain
- Colorado lawmakers block future federal water grabs
- National Park Service maps show the country's quietest places are without water, humans