2013 U.S. Alpine Team to be named Nov. 15
October 23, 2012
The U.S. Ski Team, including Olympic champions Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH) and Julia Mancuso (Squaw Valley, CA), will help kick off a historic 50th anniversary season at Vail when the 2013 U.S. Alpine Ski Team is introduced during Nature Valley First Tracks on Nov. 15.
Following the 5 p.m. live program, members of the newly named 2013 U.S. Alpine Ski Team will be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs. Now in its third winter at Vail, Nature Valley First Tracks begins a full weekend of activity that continues Nov. 16 with opening day featuring the dedication of Vail’s new gondola.
More than a dozen Olympic athletes, including 2010 super G bronze medalist Andrew Weibrecht (Lake Placid, NY), will join Vonn, Miller and Mancuso.
“It’s always fun for me to meet people who are as passionate about skiing as I am,” Vonn said. “The U.S. Ski Team naming in Vail is a blast and the community really comes out to support us.”
It all begins at 4:30 p.m. with hot cocoa, cookies and live music in Arrabelle Square at Lionshead. Following the 5 p.m. live program, fans can meet the U.S. Ski Team and get autographs from the athletes. Nature Valley, Vail Resorts, Audi, Smartwool, POC, Shred and GoPro will be on hand with interactive booths throughout the evening.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen