More than 15,000 mud-covered contestants came together on Saturday for the Copper Warrior Dash. Participants jumped over fire, wallowed through mud and tackled several obstacles during the 5K event. After the competition, the Warriors listened to live music and enjoyed food and beer. The event was founded by Red Frog Events four years ago and now has more than 50 international events every year.
Copper Mountain slopes covered in mud, weekend warriors
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Bonino puts Ducks past Avalanche in season finale
- Nuggets want to hit finish line well to look ahead to future
- Olympic great Michael Phelps ending retirement
- Summit High School sports wrap-up
- Summit County couple stays young with 120 days of ski mountaineering
- Suspect identified in Frisco motel death; victim's injuries consistent with a fight, coroner says
- Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
- Bitter Summit County eminent domain dispute ends with $115,000 settlement
- Mountain Travel Symposium: How can the ski industry grow?
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado