More than 15,000 mud-covered contestants came together on Saturday for the Copper Warrior Dash. Participants jumped over fire, wallowed through mud and tackled several obstacles during the 5K event. After the competition, the Warriors listened to live music and enjoyed food and beer. The event was founded by Red Frog Events four years ago and now has more than 50 international events every year.
Copper Mountain slopes covered in mud, weekend warriors
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Snowy Peaks graduates lucky bunch
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day
- Summit County pays respects to fallen vets on Memorial Day
- In The Field: Memorial Day fishing report for Blue River and South Platte at Maria Ranch, Spinney Reservoir
- Colorado news roundup: Conductor dies after fall from train (05.30.16)