Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Volvo's international model line expands
- Machete attack trial: Detective addresses concerns with Vanmatre's recorded interview
- EPA prevented toxic brew from moly mine
- A mid-summer powder day at the Frisco Rowing Center
- An end-of-summer gear guide to sleeping bags, solar lanterns, packrafts and base layers