Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Summit County names Jaime FitzSimons interim sheriff
- Hike Summit County: Dark Canyon of the Raggeds Wilderness near Crested Butte
- This Week in Summit County History: Terrible night fire — almost
- Swift water season arrives for all-volunteer Summit County Water Rescue Team
- Mountain Wheels: Reimagined Hyundai Elantra takes on big-car character