Eric Larson, 45, from Lafayette, Colo., had been skiing at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area when he collapsed at the bottom of a hill on Dec. 26, according to the Summit County Coroner’s Office. He was taken from the ski area to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood via a Flight For Life helicopter and died within minutes of being admitted to the emergency department, the coroner reported. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Skier collapses at A-Basin, dies at hospital
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Mountain Town News: Diverting food from landfill to composting
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- Summit County coroner Regan Wood loves her job, and the personal connections that come with it
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names