A-Basin set for ‘Summer Season’
May 13, 2011
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is sticking to its June 5 closing date. Well, sort of.
While the ski area will end its seven-days-per-week schedule on that first Sunday of June, there will still be plenty of skiing opportunities.
A-Basin will reopen for summer skiing for at least two three-day (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) weekends in June – the 10th through 12th and the 17th through 19th.
The ski area has reported over 420 inches of snow this season, 15 in the last week. Because of the strong snow season and current 94-inch base, A-Basin will be able to push the ski season into the summer.
This is the first time the area will experiment being open on weekends only.
“Having our greatest season in years, ideally, we would like to stay open on the weekends until the Fourth of July, but it’s too early to know what the conditions will be to make that call,” said Alan Henceroth, COO of A-Basin.
During A-Basin’s “Summer Season,” the ski area will open at 8:30 a.m. with two lifts serving top-to-bottom skiing. Black Mountain Express will close at 2 p.m. and Lenawee Mountain Lift will close at 2:30 p.m. Lift tickets will be $39 for adults, $29 for youths (ages 15-19) and $19 for children (ages 6-14) during the “Summer Season.” No other discount or lift-ticket offer will be accepted during this period. All season passes and pre-purchased lift tickets valid at A-Basin during the regular season will be valid during this stretch, as well.
A $10 barbecue lunch special will be featured on the deck at Black Mountain Lodge, the A-Frame cafe will be open for breakfast, and the 6th Alley Bar will serve pizza and drinks. The retail and rental shops will be open with ski, snowboard and clothing rentals and sales.
Arapahoe Basin 2011-12 season passes are on sale now and include free skiing for the rest of this season. For more information on the “Summer Season,” season passes or snow conditions call (888) ARAPAHOE (272-7246) or visit http://www.arapahoebasin.com.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit Extreme Black Diamonds go 0-6 in week 3
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say