Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to re-open June 7-9
Ryan Summerlin June 5, 2013
Thanks to cool temperatures and late-season snow, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area has extended the Colorado ski and ride season for another weekend. Arapahoe Basin will be open seven days a week through Sunday and will reopen for summer skiing and riding June 7-9.
“With all the spring storms, our exceptional snow conditions, and our guests’ enthusiasm for skiing and riding, it only makes sense to open for another weekend,” Arapahoe Basin’s chief operating officer Alan Henceroth said.
During this summer ski season extension, A-Basin will offer top-to-bottom skiing from Black Mountain Express and Lenawee Mountain lifts. Lenawee Mountain will run from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and the Black Mountain Express will run from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be no beginner skiing or riding.
Black Mountain Lodge at mid-mountain will be open with a full bar and barbecue during ski area operating hours through the extended weekend. The A-Basin rental shop and the Arapahoe Sports retail shop will also be open.
Discounted lift tickets for the summer ski season will be available in advance at tickets.arapahoebasin.com. Tickets purchased at the ticket window during the extended operating weekend will cost $45 for adults (ages 19+), $35 for youth (ages 15-18) and $25 for children (ages 6-14). Children 5 and under ski and ride for free.
Trending In: Sports
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)