Arapahoe Basin’s Summit Challenge Trail Run Sunday
July 22, 2013
Arapahoe Basin will host its second annual Arapahoe Basin Trail Run, Sunday. Runners have a chance to test their bodies and stomachs against the altitude. The race will start at almost 11,000 feet and will end with a mid-mountain all-you-can-eat barbecue, pig roast and live music. Non-runners can ride the lift up and cheer on the competitors before enjoying platefuls of barbecue.
The Black Mountain Express will begin shuttling guests to mid-mountain at 10:15 a.m. Live music from local musicians, High5, will be on the Black Mountain Lodge deck beggining at 11.
The race is split into two divisions: Summit Division with a 10:30 a.m. start, and Mid-way Division at 10:45 a.m.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three male, female and youth finishers in each division.
Dogs are not permitted on-course during the race. However, guests may hike up with them. A-Basin officials would like to remind owners that they are responsible for their animals, must have them leashed and must pick up after them.
More information can be found at http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/mountain/ calendar.aspx.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced