Arapahoe Basin’s Summit Challenge Trail Run Sunday
July 22, 2013
Arapahoe Basin will host its second annual Arapahoe Basin Trail Run, Sunday. Runners have a chance to test their bodies and stomachs against the altitude. The race will start at almost 11,000 feet and will end with a mid-mountain all-you-can-eat barbecue, pig roast and live music. Non-runners can ride the lift up and cheer on the competitors before enjoying platefuls of barbecue.
The Black Mountain Express will begin shuttling guests to mid-mountain at 10:15 a.m. Live music from local musicians, High5, will be on the Black Mountain Lodge deck beggining at 11.
The race is split into two divisions: Summit Division with a 10:30 a.m. start, and Mid-way Division at 10:45 a.m.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three male, female and youth finishers in each division.
Dogs are not permitted on-course during the race. However, guests may hike up with them. A-Basin officials would like to remind owners that they are responsible for their animals, must have them leashed and must pick up after them.
More information can be found at http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/mountain/ calendar.aspx.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals