Arapahoe Basin’s Summit Challenge Trail Run Sunday
July 22, 2013
Arapahoe Basin will host its second annual Arapahoe Basin Trail Run, Sunday. Runners have a chance to test their bodies and stomachs against the altitude. The race will start at almost 11,000 feet and will end with a mid-mountain all-you-can-eat barbecue, pig roast and live music. Non-runners can ride the lift up and cheer on the competitors before enjoying platefuls of barbecue.
The Black Mountain Express will begin shuttling guests to mid-mountain at 10:15 a.m. Live music from local musicians, High5, will be on the Black Mountain Lodge deck beggining at 11.
The race is split into two divisions: Summit Division with a 10:30 a.m. start, and Mid-way Division at 10:45 a.m.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three male, female and youth finishers in each division.
Dogs are not permitted on-course during the race. However, guests may hike up with them. A-Basin officials would like to remind owners that they are responsible for their animals, must have them leashed and must pick up after them.
More information can be found at http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/mountain/ calendar.aspx.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says