Aspen among four cities in race for 2015-2017 winter X Games
January 17, 2013
If Aspen wants to continue to host the X Games after 2014, it will have some competition.
Officials at ESPN, which stages the X Games, have been taking requests for proposals from North American cities wishing to host the winter X Games for a three-year period (2015-17), and there are three cities besides Aspen that submitted a RFP.
The cities that have met ESPN’s initial qualification guidelines and have chosen to be identified as potential hosts for the winter event are Lake Tahoe; Park City; and Quebec City, Canada.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals