Aspen among four cities in race for 2015-2017 winter X Games
January 17, 2013
If Aspen wants to continue to host the X Games after 2014, it will have some competition.
Officials at ESPN, which stages the X Games, have been taking requests for proposals from North American cities wishing to host the winter X Games for a three-year period (2015-17), and there are three cities besides Aspen that submitted a RFP.
The cities that have met ESPN’s initial qualification guidelines and have chosen to be identified as potential hosts for the winter event are Lake Tahoe; Park City; and Quebec City, Canada.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- BREAKING: $40K in gear, prosthetic limbs stolen from Adaptive Action Sports in Copper