Aspen among four cities in race for 2015-2017 winter X Games
January 17, 2013
If Aspen wants to continue to host the X Games after 2014, it will have some competition.
Officials at ESPN, which stages the X Games, have been taking requests for proposals from North American cities wishing to host the winter X Games for a three-year period (2015-17), and there are three cities besides Aspen that submitted a RFP.
The cities that have met ESPN’s initial qualification guidelines and have chosen to be identified as potential hosts for the winter event are Lake Tahoe; Park City; and Quebec City, Canada.
Trending In: Sports
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases