Austin to host Summer X Games; Aspen bidding to keep Winter spot
July 22, 2013
Austin, Texas, beat out Chicago, Detroit and Charlotte, N.C., in a heated competition to host the Summer X Games in May. ESPN, which owns and operates the X Games, picked Austin on Wednesday, announcing a four-year partnership with the city's 1,500-acre Circuit of The Americas (COTA) sports and entertainment complex starting May 15-18, 2014.
Scott Guglielmino, ESPN's senior vice president of programming and the X Games, said in a news release that Austin's vibrant music scene and massive COTA complex provide the network an opportunity "to grow the X Games in a new region of the country and in a city that has a proven track record of embracing big events."
Read more: Austin to host Summer X Games; Aspen bidding to keep Winter spot – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_23682407/austin-host-summer-x-games-aspen-bidding-keep#ixzz2Zo7S6sIn
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- From Bucks to Bolts: Breckenridge welcomes new junior hockey program for 2017-18 season
- Mountain Wheels: All-wheel-drive Toyota Sienna offers interior hugeness (review)
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Minnie Mine trail (video)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Hiker dies on Conundrum Creek Trail near Aspen, Pitkin County officials say
- Mountain Town News: Jackson Hole preparing for crowd like none other
- 100 homes sold for $90M breaks record for Colorado mountain towns, developer says
- A viewer’s guide for Monday’s solar eclipse
- A Summit County, Colorado, guide to the Great American Eclipse