Austin to host Summer X Games; Aspen bidding to keep Winter spot
July 22, 2013
Austin, Texas, beat out Chicago, Detroit and Charlotte, N.C., in a heated competition to host the Summer X Games in May. ESPN, which owns and operates the X Games, picked Austin on Wednesday, announcing a four-year partnership with the city's 1,500-acre Circuit of The Americas (COTA) sports and entertainment complex starting May 15-18, 2014.
Scott Guglielmino, ESPN's senior vice president of programming and the X Games, said in a news release that Austin's vibrant music scene and massive COTA complex provide the network an opportunity "to grow the X Games in a new region of the country and in a city that has a proven track record of embracing big events."
Read more: Austin to host Summer X Games; Aspen bidding to keep Winter spot – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_23682407/austin-host-summer-x-games-aspen-bidding-keep#ixzz2Zo7S6sIn
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Go virtual snow tubing at Keystone Resort on a sunny June afternoon (360 video)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Mountain Wheels: Volvo’s revised XC60 SUV amps up the speed, safety (review)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation