Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
February 12, 2013
SCHLADMING, Austria – Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access