Austria beats Sweden to win team event at worlds
February 12, 2013
SCHLADMING, Austria – Overall World Cup champion Marcel Hirscher helped Austria win the team event Tuesday and earn the host nation its first gold medal at the Alpine skiing world championships. Hirscher teamed with Philipp Schoerghofer, Michaela Kirchgasser and Nicole Hosp to defeat Sweden 4-0 in the final. Germany edged Canada in the small final for third place. The team event has been part of the worlds since 2005, with Austria also winning in 2007. Defending champion France lost in the quarterfinals to Germany.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line