Breckenridge Ski Resort to extend ski season an extra week to April 27
March 7, 2014
Breckenridge Ski Resort officials announced Friday that they will extend the ski season by one additional week, from Monday, April 21, through Sunday, April 27.
The added time was made possible by a deep snow pack and a favorable weather forecast. In January, Breckenridge was reported to be the snowiest resort in the U.S., having received more than 28 feet of snow so far this season.
During the last two years the resort has extended its regular season by adding additional weekends. With this year's significant snowfall, resort officials made the decision to include weekdays.
"It's been such an amazing season for snowfall in Breck that even with a month and a half to go in the regular season, we are confident that we will be able to offer terrific conditions in the extended week," executive vice president and Breckenridge COO Pat Campbell said. "This additional week will be a great way for us to thank our loyal passholders, our locals and our destination visitors, who now will have the option to book their spring vacations the week after Easter as well."
The resort expects to open Peaks 6, 7 and 8 during the extended week, with Rip's Ride, 5 Chair, Colorado SuperChair, the T-bar, Imperial SuperChair, Independence SuperChair, Zendo Chair and Kensho SuperChair all slated for operation.
In past years' extended seasons, only terrain on Peak 8 was open. This year's package will give guests another chance to ski or ride the resort's new Peak 6 terrain during the final days of its inaugural season.
Passes & Tickets
Skiing during this extended week will be free for 2013-14 Vail Resorts season pass holders. In addition, the mountain will offer a specially priced, $66 lift ticket at the ticket windows.
Adult group lessons, children's group lessons and private lessons will be available during the extended week and start at $95 for adults or $105 for children. The resort also announced that season passes for the 2014-15 season will go on sale starting March 10
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Results from 2017 Gold Run Rush, Keystone BME and Breck MTN Enduro
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)