Breckenridge Ski Resort to extend ski season an extra week to April 27
March 7, 2014
Breckenridge Ski Resort officials announced Friday that they will extend the ski season by one additional week, from Monday, April 21, through Sunday, April 27.
The added time was made possible by a deep snow pack and a favorable weather forecast. In January, Breckenridge was reported to be the snowiest resort in the U.S., having received more than 28 feet of snow so far this season.
During the last two years the resort has extended its regular season by adding additional weekends. With this year's significant snowfall, resort officials made the decision to include weekdays.
"It's been such an amazing season for snowfall in Breck that even with a month and a half to go in the regular season, we are confident that we will be able to offer terrific conditions in the extended week," executive vice president and Breckenridge COO Pat Campbell said. "This additional week will be a great way for us to thank our loyal passholders, our locals and our destination visitors, who now will have the option to book their spring vacations the week after Easter as well."
The resort expects to open Peaks 6, 7 and 8 during the extended week, with Rip's Ride, 5 Chair, Colorado SuperChair, the T-bar, Imperial SuperChair, Independence SuperChair, Zendo Chair and Kensho SuperChair all slated for operation.
In past years' extended seasons, only terrain on Peak 8 was open. This year's package will give guests another chance to ski or ride the resort's new Peak 6 terrain during the final days of its inaugural season.
Passes & Tickets
Skiing during this extended week will be free for 2013-14 Vail Resorts season pass holders. In addition, the mountain will offer a specially priced, $66 lift ticket at the ticket windows.
Adult group lessons, children's group lessons and private lessons will be available during the extended week and start at $95 for adults or $105 for children. The resort also announced that season passes for the 2014-15 season will go on sale starting March 10
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update