Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- Dear Drewbie: Your feelings are what you eat (seriously) when it comes to mood and food
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Summit Youth Hockey sends 3 girls to USA Hockey National Championship Tourney