Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)