Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update