Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
Ryan Summerlin November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O’Clock, a “more difficult” trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man’s name, citing privacy issues.
Trending In: Sports
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge