Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line