Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Dirt, wind and pirates in Frisco at Timberline Cruiser Regatta and free Frisco Bike Fling on June 24
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Eric Mamula’s Breck lunch loop
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)