Breckenridge snowboarder transported to Denver following Saturday crash
November 15, 2013
A 21-year-old Colorado man was transported to Denver following a snowboarding accident Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
The incident took place at about 2 p.m. on 4 O'Clock, a "more difficult" trail, according to a Breckenridge Ski Resort news release. Ski patrol responded to the incident and provided advanced life support.
Ski patrol personnel then transported the man to a Flight for Life helicopter, which took the patient to St. Anthony Hospital in Denver. The man was wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, the release stated.
Further details were not released, as the incident is still under investigation, the release stated.
The resort declined to release the man's name, citing privacy issues.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak