Broncos playoff tickets sell out in 9 minutes
Ryan Summerlin December 31, 2012
DENVER – The remaining tickets to the Denver Broncos’ playoff game are all gone.
It took just nine minutes for all of the 5,000 tickets to disappear once they went on sale at noon Monday. Sales were limited to people with billing addresses in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota and western Kansas.
Spokesman Patrick Smyth told The Denver Post that the sale “speaks volumes for the fan enthusiasm the region holds for the team.”
The Broncos’ 22,000 season ticket holders were given the first chance to buy playoff tickets earlier. All but 500 purchased some.
The Broncos secured the top seed in the playoffs on Sunday with their biggest win ever over the Kansas City Chiefs, their AFC West rivals.
The AFC divisional playoff game will be Jan. 12 at 2:30 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Dear Drewbie: Dispatches from the Breckenridge Road Marathon
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review