Clark looks to defend her title
December 14, 2012
Kelly Clark is living up to her fame at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships in Breckenridge – at least, that’s what Friday’s semifinals results say.
Among 13 women, defending champion Clark came out on top after round 1, putting down a run that no one could touch. Still, she upped her game in the second run, her victory lap, piecing together a frontside air, backside 540, frontside 720 into a cab 720 before throwing a frontside 540 and poked a method to end her run and take a 93.00 for the day.
Queralt Castellet of Spain earned an 85.00 for second place, while Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) scored an 81.00 for third place.
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs), Torah Bright (Australia) and Kaitlyn Farrington (Sun Valley, Idaho) will also advance.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery