Clark looks to defend her title
December 14, 2012
Kelly Clark is living up to her fame at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships in Breckenridge – at least, that’s what Friday’s semifinals results say.
Among 13 women, defending champion Clark came out on top after round 1, putting down a run that no one could touch. Still, she upped her game in the second run, her victory lap, piecing together a frontside air, backside 540, frontside 720 into a cab 720 before throwing a frontside 540 and poked a method to end her run and take a 93.00 for the day.
Queralt Castellet of Spain earned an 85.00 for second place, while Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) scored an 81.00 for third place.
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs), Torah Bright (Australia) and Kaitlyn Farrington (Sun Valley, Idaho) will also advance.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- BREAKING: $40K in gear, prosthetic limbs stolen from Adaptive Action Sports in Copper