Clark looks to defend her title
December 14, 2012
Kelly Clark is living up to her fame at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships in Breckenridge – at least, that’s what Friday’s semifinals results say.
Among 13 women, defending champion Clark came out on top after round 1, putting down a run that no one could touch. Still, she upped her game in the second run, her victory lap, piecing together a frontside air, backside 540, frontside 720 into a cab 720 before throwing a frontside 540 and poked a method to end her run and take a 93.00 for the day.
Queralt Castellet of Spain earned an 85.00 for second place, while Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) scored an 81.00 for third place.
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs), Torah Bright (Australia) and Kaitlyn Farrington (Sun Valley, Idaho) will also advance.
Trending In: Sports
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Pre-season training for avalanche rescue dogs? It’s a thing
- Before HS state champs, locals find power in pedaling with The Cycle Effect
- Mountain Wheels: Further-transformed Hyundai Santa Fe is a pleasant pick
- Best of 2017 Colorado skis from Meier, Rocky Mountain Underground, Fat-ypus and more