Clark looks to defend her title
December 14, 2012
Kelly Clark is living up to her fame at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships in Breckenridge – at least, that’s what Friday’s semifinals results say.
Among 13 women, defending champion Clark came out on top after round 1, putting down a run that no one could touch. Still, she upped her game in the second run, her victory lap, piecing together a frontside air, backside 540, frontside 720 into a cab 720 before throwing a frontside 540 and poked a method to end her run and take a 93.00 for the day.
Queralt Castellet of Spain earned an 85.00 for second place, while Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) scored an 81.00 for third place.
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs), Torah Bright (Australia) and Kaitlyn Farrington (Sun Valley, Idaho) will also advance.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals