Clark looks to defend her title
December 14, 2012
Kelly Clark is living up to her fame at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships in Breckenridge – at least, that’s what Friday’s semifinals results say.
Among 13 women, defending champion Clark came out on top after round 1, putting down a run that no one could touch. Still, she upped her game in the second run, her victory lap, piecing together a frontside air, backside 540, frontside 720 into a cab 720 before throwing a frontside 540 and poked a method to end her run and take a 93.00 for the day.
Queralt Castellet of Spain earned an 85.00 for second place, while Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) scored an 81.00 for third place.
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs), Torah Bright (Australia) and Kaitlyn Farrington (Sun Valley, Idaho) will also advance.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network