Colo. produces 7 Olympians in freeskiing, snowboarding
January 23, 2014
The U.S. Ski Team is digging deep into Colorado's arsenal of rippers before heading to Sochi.
Coaches for U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding filled their rosters Tuesday. Of the 26 positions on the U.S. Ski Team's Olympic halfpipe, slopestyle, ski cross, moguls and aerials teams, seven hail from Colorado.
Heidi Kloser of Vail will join the four-woman Olympic moguls team led by reigning Olympic champion Hannah Kearney. Kloser said she was trying not to focus on the Olympics in the final three Olympic-qualifying World Cup contests this month.
"I just wanted to ski like I know how to ski and the results would follow," said Kloser, 21. The results did arrive. Kloser's second-place finish at the Jan. 15 World Cup at Lake Placid supercharged her chances for Sochi.
She's going to keep the same strategy heading onto the biggest stage of her career
Read more: Colorado produces seven Olympians in freeskiing, snowboarding – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/ci_24962832/colorado-produces-seven-olympians-freeskiing-snowboarding#ixzz2rADJRXvM
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado Escapist: A Summit County summer survival guide for kids and parents
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: X10U8 trail (video)
- Skico employee quits job to walk the national parks
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Breckenridge unveils new Alpine Camp at Epic Discovery fun park