Colo. produces 7 Olympians in freeskiing, snowboarding
January 23, 2014
The U.S. Ski Team is digging deep into Colorado’s arsenal of rippers before heading to Sochi.
Coaches for U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding filled their rosters Tuesday. Of the 26 positions on the U.S. Ski Team’s Olympic halfpipe, slopestyle, ski cross, moguls and aerials teams, seven hail from Colorado.
Heidi Kloser of Vail will join the four-woman Olympic moguls team led by reigning Olympic champion Hannah Kearney. Kloser said she was trying not to focus on the Olympics in the final three Olympic-qualifying World Cup contests this month.
“I just wanted to ski like I know how to ski and the results would follow,” said Kloser, 21. The results did arrive. Kloser’s second-place finish at the Jan. 15 World Cup at Lake Placid supercharged her chances for Sochi.
She’s going to keep the same strategy heading onto the biggest stage of her career
Read more: Colorado produces seven Olympians in freeskiing, snowboarding – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/ci_24962832/colorado-produces-seven-olympians-freeskiing-snowboarding#ixzz2rADJRXvM
Trending In: Sports
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year