Copper Mountain slopes covered in mud, weekend warriors
August 20, 2013
More than 15,000 mud-covered contestants came together on Saturday for the Copper Warrior Dash. Participants jumped over fire, wallowed through mud and tackled several obstacles during the 5K event. After the competition, the Warriors listened to live music and enjoyed food and beer. The event was founded by Red Frog Events four years ago and now has more than 50 international events every year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update