Copper Mountain slopes covered in mud, weekend warriors
August 20, 2013
More than 15,000 mud-covered contestants came together on Saturday for the Copper Warrior Dash. Participants jumped over fire, wallowed through mud and tackled several obstacles during the 5K event. After the competition, the Warriors listened to live music and enjoyed food and beer. The event was founded by Red Frog Events four years ago and now has more than 50 international events every year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off