CU beats Ore. State, 74-68
March 13, 2013
LAS VEGAS – Spencer Dinwiddie scored 20 points and Colorado picked up a much-needed win at the Pac-12 tournament, holding off Oregon State 74-68 in the first round Wednesday.
Colorado (21-10) needed a couple of wins in Las Vegas to boost its NCAA chances and got off to a good start by dominating Oregon State defensively most of the second half.
Xavier Johnson had 16 points and Andre Roberson 12 for the fifth-seeded Buffaloes, who moved on to face No. 4 seed Arizona in Thursday’s quarterfinals.
Oregon State (14-18), the No. 12 seed, pulled off one of the biggest upsets in Pac-12 tournament history by knocking off top-seeded Washington last year and dimmed Colorado’s NCAA hopes with a win in Boulder last weekend.
The Beavers fell short of repeating either performance by struggling against Colorado’s defense, hitting 7 of 25 from 3-point range.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access