CU beats Ore. State, 74-68
Ryan Summerlin March 13, 2013
LAS VEGAS – Spencer Dinwiddie scored 20 points and Colorado picked up a much-needed win at the Pac-12 tournament, holding off Oregon State 74-68 in the first round Wednesday.
Colorado (21-10) needed a couple of wins in Las Vegas to boost its NCAA chances and got off to a good start by dominating Oregon State defensively most of the second half.
Xavier Johnson had 16 points and Andre Roberson 12 for the fifth-seeded Buffaloes, who moved on to face No. 4 seed Arizona in Thursday’s quarterfinals.
Oregon State (14-18), the No. 12 seed, pulled off one of the biggest upsets in Pac-12 tournament history by knocking off top-seeded Washington last year and dimmed Colorado’s NCAA hopes with a win in Boulder last weekend.
The Beavers fell short of repeating either performance by struggling against Colorado’s defense, hitting 7 of 25 from 3-point range.
Trending In: Sports
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- 2016 Senior Spotlight: Summit High’s Graham Gaspard, Hays Braner, Jemma Jackman and Elle Lyne-Schiffer
- Life on 2 Wheels: Summit Cove Elementary principal Crystal Miller at the Leadville 100 MTB
- Take 5: Q&A with new Summit High head coach John Shirkey
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Wire Patch Trail (video)
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Attempt to open new Breckenridge marijuana retail shop fizzles
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Breckenridge Town Councilman Jeffrey Bergeron hospitalized with amnesia
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales