CU Buffs to open NCAA as 8th seed vs. Pittsburgh
March 17, 2014
BOULDER — It has often been said the only thing worse than being left out of the NCAA Tournament is drawing a No. 8 or No. 9 seed. That’s because the winner of the 8-vs.-9 matchup faces a No. 1 seed.
Good thing Colorado’s players don’t feel that way.
The Buffaloes (23-11) are seeded eighth in the South Regional and will open tournament play Thursday at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., against No. 9 seed Pittsburgh (25-9), with the winner all but certain to face top-seeded Florida on Saturday.
The NCAA Tournament selection committee granted Florida (32-2) the overall No. 1 seed among the 68-team field.
“If you think you’re the best, you have to play the best,” Colorado junior guard Askia Booker said. “To be honest, when I saw ‘Florida’ pop up, I wanted us to pop up on there too.”
Read the full story on the Denver Post website, click here.
Trending In: Sports
- Dew Tour pros talk team rivalries before the new, improved tour Dec. 8-11
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Summit County resorts embrace the complete ski and snowboard lesson experience
- Mark McMorris, Gus Kenworthy, Jamie Anderson and more confirmed for Dew Tour Dec. 8-11
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast