CU Buffs to open NCAA as 8th seed vs. Pittsburgh
March 17, 2014
BOULDER — It has often been said the only thing worse than being left out of the NCAA Tournament is drawing a No. 8 or No. 9 seed. That's because the winner of the 8-vs.-9 matchup faces a No. 1 seed.
Good thing Colorado's players don't feel that way.
The Buffaloes (23-11) are seeded eighth in the South Regional and will open tournament play Thursday at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., against No. 9 seed Pittsburgh (25-9), with the winner all but certain to face top-seeded Florida on Saturday.
The NCAA Tournament selection committee granted Florida (32-2) the overall No. 1 seed among the 68-team field.
"If you think you're the best, you have to play the best," Colorado junior guard Askia Booker said. "To be honest, when I saw 'Florida' pop up, I wanted us to pop up on there too."
Read the full story on the Denver Post website, click here.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Results from 2017 Gold Run Rush, Keystone BME and Breck MTN Enduro
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)