CU Buffs to open NCAA as 8th seed vs. Pittsburgh
Ryan Summerlin March 17, 2014
BOULDER — It has often been said the only thing worse than being left out of the NCAA Tournament is drawing a No. 8 or No. 9 seed. That’s because the winner of the 8-vs.-9 matchup faces a No. 1 seed.
Good thing Colorado’s players don’t feel that way.
The Buffaloes (23-11) are seeded eighth in the South Regional and will open tournament play Thursday at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., against No. 9 seed Pittsburgh (25-9), with the winner all but certain to face top-seeded Florida on Saturday.
The NCAA Tournament selection committee granted Florida (32-2) the overall No. 1 seed among the 68-team field.
“If you think you’re the best, you have to play the best,” Colorado junior guard Askia Booker said. “To be honest, when I saw ‘Florida’ pop up, I wanted us to pop up on there too.”
Read the full story on the Denver Post website, click here.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Big Fat Tire: A mountain bike wish list for Summit County
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Copper hosts free premiere of new Travis Rice film ‘The Fourth Phase’ on Oct. 2