Denver Broncos know sky-high expectations are better when grounded
June 23, 2013
When the Broncos reassemble next month for training camp, they will arrive at team headquarters as Super Bowl contenders, one of the NFL haves on the inside track for a shot at the trophy.
That expectation will follow them through every practice, every game, of the 2013 season.
"If you're good, I mean really good, you deal with that," said Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe. "One of the best things our second Super Bowl (championship) team did (in the 1998 season), we knew we were the best team, knew it from the time we stepped on the field in training camp, and we still did the work, we still put in the time, we still did things like we hadn't won a thing.
Read more: Denver Broncos know sky-high expectations are better when grounded – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23520329/denver-broncos-know-sky-high-expectations-are-better#ixzz2X4z50HK4
Trending In: Sports
- Taming The Beavers: A-Basin’s Alan Henceroth talks about a landmark expansion
- Buried alive: Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment team inches closer to standard avy dog training
- Summit Nordic launches GoFundMe campaign for Lake Placid Jr. Championships
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs