Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field
June 9, 2013
For five innings, Rockies starter Juan Nicasio chased perfection. The next thing you know, his team had to mount a desperate, three-run, ninth-inning rally just to catch the Padres and send the game into extra innings.
The drama ended in the 10th when Dexter Fowler hit a walkoff single up the middle off reliever Joe Thatcher, scoring pinch runner DJ LeMahieu from third to give the Rockies an 8-7 victory.
The victory enabled the Rockies to split the four-game series with the Padres. Three of the four games were decided in the last at-bat.
Read more: Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23424461/dexter-fowler-rockies-wild-win-10th-padres-coors#ixzz2VlnV9q2f
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Summit Extreme Black Diamonds go 0-6 in week 3
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone