Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field
June 9, 2013
For five innings, Rockies starter Juan Nicasio chased perfection. The next thing you know, his team had to mount a desperate, three-run, ninth-inning rally just to catch the Padres and send the game into extra innings.
The drama ended in the 10th when Dexter Fowler hit a walkoff single up the middle off reliever Joe Thatcher, scoring pinch runner DJ LeMahieu from third to give the Rockies an 8-7 victory.
The victory enabled the Rockies to split the four-game series with the Padres. Three of the four games were decided in the last at-bat.
Read more: Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23424461/dexter-fowler-rockies-wild-win-10th-padres-coors#ixzz2VlnV9q2f
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access