Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field
Ryan Summerlin June 9, 2013
For five innings, Rockies starter Juan Nicasio chased perfection. The next thing you know, his team had to mount a desperate, three-run, ninth-inning rally just to catch the Padres and send the game into extra innings.
The drama ended in the 10th when Dexter Fowler hit a walkoff single up the middle off reliever Joe Thatcher, scoring pinch runner DJ LeMahieu from third to give the Rockies an 8-7 victory.
The victory enabled the Rockies to split the four-game series with the Padres. Three of the four games were decided in the last at-bat.
Read more: Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23424461/dexter-fowler-rockies-wild-win-10th-padres-coors#ixzz2VlnV9q2f
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Big Fat Tire: A mountain bike wish list for Summit County
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Copper hosts free premiere of new Travis Rice film ‘The Fourth Phase’ on Oct. 2
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide