Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field
June 9, 2013
For five innings, Rockies starter Juan Nicasio chased perfection. The next thing you know, his team had to mount a desperate, three-run, ninth-inning rally just to catch the Padres and send the game into extra innings.
The drama ended in the 10th when Dexter Fowler hit a walkoff single up the middle off reliever Joe Thatcher, scoring pinch runner DJ LeMahieu from third to give the Rockies an 8-7 victory.
The victory enabled the Rockies to split the four-game series with the Padres. Three of the four games were decided in the last at-bat.
Read more: Dexter Fowler gives Rockies wild win in 10th over Padres at Coors Field – The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_23424461/dexter-fowler-rockies-wild-win-10th-padres-coors#ixzz2VlnV9q2f
Trending In: Sports
- Summit’s Hanna Markel makes D-1 women’s hockey debut with University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Dew Tour 101: Who to watch, what to know and where to go at Dew Tour Breckenridge 2016
- Dew Tour Q&A: Talking Dew Tour with Devin Logan, U.S. ski slopestyle veteran
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend