First ‘Pedal the Plains’ bike race planned for February
January 18, 2012
For 26 years cyclists have been beckoned to Colorado to Ride the Rockies, a mountainous trek for serious cyclists, and today Gov. John Hickenlooper announced a more level Pedal the Plains – “a race for the rest of us,” organizers said.
The event is a partnership between the governor’s office, The Denver Post and Fort Morgan-based Viaero Wireless.
The ride is Sept. 21 to Sept. 23, covering from 30 to 100 miles a day with planned rest stops in Eastern Plains towns along route for food, entertainment, lodging and and festivities.
The route and registration details will be announced in the spring, the governor’s office said. The event will be open to cyclists of all ages and ability levels.
The ride will raise money for Eastern Plains charities.
To read this article in its entirety, go to http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19766801
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access