Free day at Breckenridge Recreation Center
May 3, 2013
The Breckenridge Recreation Center is opening its doors today to anyone that wants to use the facilities free of charge.
Marketing coordinator Annette Kubeck says it's a great opportunity for non-members to explore the 69,000 square foot athletic center.
Walk-ins are welcome. The center is open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Any guest that visits will have full access to all facilities, which include indoor weight training and cardiovascular equipment,tennis courts, swimming pools, a racquetball court, basketball courts, an indoor rock-climbing wall, an indoor track, aerobic/dance studios, a sauna, and spas. Additionally,guests will be able to participate in any fitness classes taking place today
The open house is also for summer program registration. Rec center staff will be on hand with information and to answer questions about programs. Online registration starts today.
"This is definitely the day to register," says Kubeck. "A lot of the programs are very popular and fill fast."
Adult programs range from kickball to trail running and a number of team sports. There are even adult skateboarding lessons.
Youth summer camp registration is ongoing. Programs include preschool age camps, Breckenridge Mountain Camp for kids age 5-12, sports camps, bike and skateboard camps for age 13-17.
Kubeck encourages anyone curious about the facilities to stop by and give them a try. Those interested can join for the remainder of mud season for $45. Summer memberships, June through August, are available for $130. For more information visit the rec center website at http://www.breckenridgerecreation.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Pro snowboarder Torstein Horgmo’s video log takes you to Copper Mountain’s public park
- Dear Drewbie: Enter a ‘Youathlon’ for mental health with events you love and just one winner — you!
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Skateboarders descend on Breckenridge for Battle on the Blue
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off