Frisco Bay Marina to begin operations for the season
Ryan Summerlin May 24, 2014
Annual Rock the Dock Party
Saturday, May 31
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Food and drink specials
Live music by Funky Johnson
The Frisco Bay Marina will begin summer operations starting this weekend.
“The ice is gone. The hummingbirds have arrived. And we are all ready to get out on the water,” Marina manager Phil Hofer said. “For me nothing says summer like cruising around on the reservoir.”
To celebrate the start of the season, the Marina will host their annual “Rock the Dock” party on Saturday, May 31 from 11 a.m. to 3 pm. The celebration will include a $5 burger and beer combos from the Island Grill, free live music by Funky Johnson and marina giveaways. The Island Grill will be open the week prior to the party, starting Friday, May 23 at 4 p.m.
Marina boat rentals will begin this Saturday, May 24. Canoe, single and double kayaks and all powerboats are available.
Stand-up paddleboards will also be available again this season starting on Wednesday, June 18.
The Frisco Bay Marina is a full-service marina which offers boat storage and repairs, as well as slip and mooring rentals and a free boat launch ramp. Current water levels will not allow the Marina to open the boat launch ramp to the public at this time. Officials said the ramp will likely open in mid-June. Boat and board tours and lessons will be offered throughout the summer. The Frisco Rowing Center rowing club also operates out of the Marina.
More information about the Frisco Bay Marina is available at FriscoMarina.com or calling 970-668-4334.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Big Fat Tire: A mountain bike wish list for Summit County
- Copper hosts free premiere of new Travis Rice film ‘The Fourth Phase’ on Oct. 2
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide