Frisco’s Mount Royal Hill Climb returns for third year
Ryan Summerlin August 30, 2014
Mount Royal hill climb
What: 5K race with 1,500 foot climb
When: 8:30 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 6
Register: www.runtherockies.com; day-of registration available for a $10 fee
The third annual Mount Royal Hill Climb will return to Frisco Saturday, Sept. 6, with an 8:30 a.m. start. The event will present runners with a challenging 5K that includes 1,500 feet of elevation gain from start to finish. Racers will start in Frisco at an elevation of 9,072 feet and finish on Mount Royal’s 10,500-foot summit.
The first man and woman to reach the top will be declared King and Queen of the Mountain, respectively. The race will start at the old community center building at the corner of Third Avenue and Granite Street. From there runners will head toward the Mount Royal Trailhead.
The top three overall male and female finishers will receive awards following the race at the Frisco Historic Park lawn. The Mount Royal Hill Climb kicks off Frisco’s Fall Fest — a celebration of local food and art at the Frisco Historic Park. For more information on Fall Fest, go to www.FriscoFallFest.com.
“I’ve run Mount Royal with friends and co-workers a few times this summer, and I marvel at the view and the fun accomplishment each time. It is a really doable race for most anyone. Expect a little power hiking, huge grins along the way and a great view at the top,” Linsey Kach, Frisco recreation programs manager, said.
The Hill Climb is limited to 150 runners, and the first 100 runners to register will receive an event tech T-shirt. Pre-registration is $35 for adults 18 and older and $25 for youths 17 and under. A fee of $10 will be applied to all day-of registrations. Day-of registration will be at the old community center building, Third and Granite. A portion of the race proceeds will benefit the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District. All ages are welcome. Racers will receive light refreshments following the event at the Frisco Historic Park.
For more information and to pre-register, go to www.RuntheRockies.com or contact Linsey Kach at email@example.com or (970) 668-9133.
Trending In: Sports
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- 2016 Senior Spotlight: Summit High’s Graham Gaspard, Hays Braner, Jemma Jackman and Elle Lyne-Schiffer
- Life on 2 Wheels: Summit Cove Elementary principal Crystal Miller at the Leadville 100 MTB
- Take 5: Q&A with new Summit High head coach John Shirkey
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Wire Patch Trail (video)
- Housing Divided, Part 1: Study confirms severity of Summit County housing crisis
- Attempt to open new Breckenridge marijuana retail shop fizzles
- ‘Deplorables for Trump’ banner vandalized in Dillon
- Breckenridge Town Councilman Jeffrey Bergeron hospitalized with amnesia
- Summit County real estate round-up: Lack of property stock causes stall in August sales