Gallery: Alpine spa day at Dirty Girl Mud Run 2017 (photos and 360 video)
June 12, 2017
Think mud baths are only for posh Los Angeles spas? Think again.
On Saturday, June 10, hundreds for women from across the state, county and globe descended on Copper Mountain for the annual Dirty Girl Mud Run, a benefit for the California nonprofit Boarding for Breast Cancer. The ladies were greeted by sun, 70-degree temps and mud pit after mud pit after mud pit. After completing the 5K course, everyone was provided with a shower and sunbathing on the first true weekend of summer. Here's what Summit Daily photographer Hugh Carey found when he visited the pits.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: Senior breaks all-time digs record, football looks to get past tough week, boys soccer wraps up
- Mountain Wheels: Lexus’ brave GS-F demonstrates power on a big platform (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)