Girls’ lacrosse loses season opener, 10-5
March 7, 2013
On Thursday evening on the road, the Summit High girls’ lacrosse team lost 10-5 to Dakota Ridge in its season opener.
“We played great though,” coach Kristin Elliott said. “They’re a great team, they play all year round. We just have to work on our fundamentals still and get out there and practice as a team.”
The team has been practicing for just a week, with training sessions split between the turf field and indoors in the gym.
Elliott said goalie Alana Brock did well in the game, as did Tucker Hacket.
Kates Raymond, a junior, scored four of the team’s five goals.
The team next faces Palmer Ridge at home on Saturday, weather permitting, and the coach hopes for a win.
“It was a good first game of the season,” she said. “They learned a lot they can borrow at practice.”
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Summit locals top podiums at Copper WinterBike, USATF Indoor Track National Champs
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- MCL tears are a common ski injury
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction