Girls’ lacrosse loses season opener, 10-5
March 7, 2013
On Thursday evening on the road, the Summit High girls’ lacrosse team lost 10-5 to Dakota Ridge in its season opener.
“We played great though,” coach Kristin Elliott said. “They’re a great team, they play all year round. We just have to work on our fundamentals still and get out there and practice as a team.”
The team has been practicing for just a week, with training sessions split between the turf field and indoors in the gym.
Elliott said goalie Alana Brock did well in the game, as did Tucker Hacket.
Kates Raymond, a junior, scored four of the team’s five goals.
The team next faces Palmer Ridge at home on Saturday, weather permitting, and the coach hopes for a win.
“It was a good first game of the season,” she said. “They learned a lot they can borrow at practice.”
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont