Girls’ lacrosse loses season opener, 10-5
March 7, 2013
On Thursday evening on the road, the Summit High girls’ lacrosse team lost 10-5 to Dakota Ridge in its season opener.
“We played great though,” coach Kristin Elliott said. “They’re a great team, they play all year round. We just have to work on our fundamentals still and get out there and practice as a team.”
The team has been practicing for just a week, with training sessions split between the turf field and indoors in the gym.
Elliott said goalie Alana Brock did well in the game, as did Tucker Hacket.
Kates Raymond, a junior, scored four of the team’s five goals.
The team next faces Palmer Ridge at home on Saturday, weather permitting, and the coach hopes for a win.
“It was a good first game of the season,” she said. “They learned a lot they can borrow at practice.”
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Mountain Wheels: Audi’s high-energy SQ5 SUV aims at performance-minded drivers (review)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?