Girls’ lacrosse loses season opener, 10-5
March 7, 2013
On Thursday evening on the road, the Summit High girls’ lacrosse team lost 10-5 to Dakota Ridge in its season opener.
“We played great though,” coach Kristin Elliott said. “They’re a great team, they play all year round. We just have to work on our fundamentals still and get out there and practice as a team.”
The team has been practicing for just a week, with training sessions split between the turf field and indoors in the gym.
Elliott said goalie Alana Brock did well in the game, as did Tucker Hacket.
Kates Raymond, a junior, scored four of the team’s five goals.
The team next faces Palmer Ridge at home on Saturday, weather permitting, and the coach hopes for a win.
“It was a good first game of the season,” she said. “They learned a lot they can borrow at practice.”
Trending In: Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen