Golf shoots fourth place in Vail
September 5, 2012
The Summit High golf team got back into action Tuesday at the Vail Golf Club with a season-low team total of 251 to finish fourth of seven teams.
The Vail Mountain School Invitational came after a little over a week off, including the Labor Day weekend.
A couple outstanding performances led the team. Dylan Mitchell (second overall) lead the team with a 75 on the par-71 course, featuring four birdies and eight pars. David Metzger followed with an 82, made up of two birdies and seven pars, and Nick Wittrock completed the team scoring with a 94.
Today, SHS hosts the 17-team (14 school) Keystone Ranch Invitational. Spectators are welcome to watch. The invitational begins with a 10 a.m. shotgun start.
Vail Christian School – 235
Rifle – 236
Aspen – 236
Summit – 251
Battle Mountain – 263
Vail Mountain School – 265
Eagle Valley – 296
*Summit’s B team finished second in the six-team JV division, shooting 287.
Jessse Beetham, Aspen – 74
Dylan Mitchell, Summit – 75
Danny Bontells, Rifle – 76
Cooper Gould, Vail Christian – 76
Clayton Crawford, Aspen – 77
Dylan Mitchell (Sr) – 75
Dave Metzger (Jr) – 82
Nick Wittrock (Jr) – 94
Jack Bilenduke (Soph) – 103
Andy Falcone (Soph) – 92
Garrison Ortega (Soph) – 98
Jack Farrell (Soph) – 104
Knees Schluman (Soph) – 97
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January