Hole-in-one on Breckenridge Golf Course greens
October 12, 2012
The Breckenridge Golf Course is closed for winter now, but golfer Mark Caples sent in a photo of friend and fellow golfer Matthew “Frodo” Zeiset who shot a hole in one on hole four of the Bear Course on Sept. 29.
From left to right, the golfing quartet is Todd Barson, Zeiset, Anthony Bulfin and Caples. All four are from Breckenridge, and after Zeiset sunk the ball, his companions suggested they benefit the local bars on the tradition that the one who gets the hole in one pays for drinks.
According to Caples’ information from Breckenridge Golf Course staff, there were eight hole-in-ones on the courses this summer, with Zeiset’s being the last.
If more than 400 golfers play daily at the height of the season, that would be more than 1,500 attempts a day.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen