Hole-in-one on Breckenridge Golf Course greens
October 12, 2012
The Breckenridge Golf Course is closed for winter now, but golfer Mark Caples sent in a photo of friend and fellow golfer Matthew “Frodo” Zeiset who shot a hole in one on hole four of the Bear Course on Sept. 29.
From left to right, the golfing quartet is Todd Barson, Zeiset, Anthony Bulfin and Caples. All four are from Breckenridge, and after Zeiset sunk the ball, his companions suggested they benefit the local bars on the tradition that the one who gets the hole in one pays for drinks.
According to Caples’ information from Breckenridge Golf Course staff, there were eight hole-in-ones on the courses this summer, with Zeiset’s being the last.
If more than 400 golfers play daily at the height of the season, that would be more than 1,500 attempts a day.
Trending In: Sports
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Moguls, slalom and big-mountain results from Team Summit and Loveland Ski Club
- WinterBike is back at Copper with moonlight fat biking and Strider races, all on snow
- In Breckenridge, a possible parking garage and roundabout on the horizon
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- Summit County churches rally behind pastor for new cancer treatment center
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases