Hole-in-one on Breckenridge Golf Course greens
October 12, 2012
The Breckenridge Golf Course is closed for winter now, but golfer Mark Caples sent in a photo of friend and fellow golfer Matthew “Frodo” Zeiset who shot a hole in one on hole four of the Bear Course on Sept. 29.
From left to right, the golfing quartet is Todd Barson, Zeiset, Anthony Bulfin and Caples. All four are from Breckenridge, and after Zeiset sunk the ball, his companions suggested they benefit the local bars on the tradition that the one who gets the hole in one pays for drinks.
According to Caples’ information from Breckenridge Golf Course staff, there were eight hole-in-ones on the courses this summer, with Zeiset’s being the last.
If more than 400 golfers play daily at the height of the season, that would be more than 1,500 attempts a day.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk in Aspen