Hole-in-one on Breckenridge Golf Course greens
Ryan Summerlin October 12, 2012
The Breckenridge Golf Course is closed for winter now, but golfer Mark Caples sent in a photo of friend and fellow golfer Matthew “Frodo” Zeiset who shot a hole in one on hole four of the Bear Course on Sept. 29.
From left to right, the golfing quartet is Todd Barson, Zeiset, Anthony Bulfin and Caples. All four are from Breckenridge, and after Zeiset sunk the ball, his companions suggested they benefit the local bars on the tradition that the one who gets the hole in one pays for drinks.
According to Caples’ information from Breckenridge Golf Course staff, there were eight hole-in-ones on the courses this summer, with Zeiset’s being the last.
If more than 400 golfers play daily at the height of the season, that would be more than 1,500 attempts a day.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Big Fat Tire: A mountain bike wish list for Summit County
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Copper hosts free premiere of new Travis Rice film ‘The Fourth Phase’ on Oct. 2
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review
- Housing Divided, Part 2: Summit’s most vital workers live elsewhere
- Breckenridge town council rebuts claim it reneged on parking garage promise
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide