Keystone Resort cancels Friday night skiing, dining due to weather
January 11, 2014
Keystone Resort announced today that evening on-mountain operations for Friday, Jan. 10, have been canceled due to high winds, freezing temperatures and wind-chill factors well below zero.
Lifts are scheduled to operate until 4 p.m. Friday. No mountaintop dining at the Alpenglow Stube or Der Fondue Chessel will take place this evening. On-mountain activities, including tubing, ski biking and the Kidtopia snowfort, also will close at 4 p.m.
Dining options across the Keystone Village, including Bighorn Steakhouse, Black Bear Grill, Luigi's pasta house and Kickapoo Tavern, will be open for dinner service. Guests can also enjoy alternative outdoor activities, such as the Lakeside and Dercum Square ice rinks.
Mountain operations are expected to resume on schedule Saturday, Jan. 11, with night-skiing operations scheduled until 8 p.m. and the terrain park remaining open until 6 p.m., plus regular dinner service at the resort's two signature mountaintop locations. Resort operations teams will continue to evaluate forecasts throughout the day Saturday and will make an announcement regarding any necessary changes as dictated by the weather.
Guest questions may be directed to the guest services desk at (970) 496-4587.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails