Keystone Resort cancels Friday night skiing, dining due to weather
January 11, 2014
Keystone Resort announced today that evening on-mountain operations for Friday, Jan. 10, have been canceled due to high winds, freezing temperatures and wind-chill factors well below zero.
Lifts are scheduled to operate until 4 p.m. Friday. No mountaintop dining at the Alpenglow Stube or Der Fondue Chessel will take place this evening. On-mountain activities, including tubing, ski biking and the Kidtopia snowfort, also will close at 4 p.m.
Dining options across the Keystone Village, including Bighorn Steakhouse, Black Bear Grill, Luigi’s pasta house and Kickapoo Tavern, will be open for dinner service. Guests can also enjoy alternative outdoor activities, such as the Lakeside and Dercum Square ice rinks.
Mountain operations are expected to resume on schedule Saturday, Jan. 11, with night-skiing operations scheduled until 8 p.m. and the terrain park remaining open until 6 p.m., plus regular dinner service at the resort’s two signature mountaintop locations. Resort operations teams will continue to evaluate forecasts throughout the day Saturday and will make an announcement regarding any necessary changes as dictated by the weather.
Guest questions may be directed to the guest services desk at (970) 496-4587.
Trending In: Sports
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Pre-season training for avalanche rescue dogs? It’s a thing
- Mountain Wheels: Further-transformed Hyundai Santa Fe is a pleasant pick
- Before HS state champs, locals find power in pedaling with The Cycle Effect
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain