Keystone River Course open, ready for play
May 4, 2012
As winter quickly clears in the High Country the Keystone River Course is scheduled to open today with the course’s front nine available for play.
This marks the earliest-ever opening event for the 18-hole course, which is oriented around the Snake River and surrounded by mountains with spectacular views of Dillon Reservoir.
The River Course will open Saturday with the front nine holes ready for play, which guests are welcome to double up on for a complete round. Early season rates for guests are $40 for nine holes and $55 for 18, which includes cart rental and practice balls. The River’s back nine will open as weather and conditions permit.
“The lack of spring snow will allow golfers to get out three weeks earlier than last year for their first birdie,” said Keystone director of golf Steve Corneillier. “Early season conditions will provide a lot of fun and an opportunity to get out and strike that ball early.”
Course amenities for this weekend will include a fully stocked beverage cart with sandwiches for lunch. Tee times may be booked online at http://www.keystoneresort.com or by calling (800) 464-3494.
The River Course joins The Raven at Three Peaks, which has opened 18 holes, and Breckenridge Golf Cub, which plans to open the Elk Nine today.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- On St. Patty’s Day, tradition runs strong with Vail’s Ravinos
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Anatomy of an ACL injury, from Grade I to Grade III
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community