Kids ski free at Keystone Dec. 1 to kick off Colorado Family Ski Month
November 30, 2016
Call it the season of free.
Beginning Dec. 1, Keystone Resort launches the inaugural Colorado Family Ski Month, a month-long, family-friendly celebration of winter activities that define living in the Centennial State. To kick off the celebration, all kids 12 years old and younger will have access to free skiing and riding on Thursday, with special events continuing throughout the month.
Kids ski free Dec. 1
That's right: In honor of the fifth anniversary of the Keystone Kids Ski Free program, the resort is kicking off Colorado Family Ski Month with free skiing for all kids 12 years old and younger. Simply show up with an adult season pass or lift ticket to claim a free child's ticket. Children also ski free all season when parents book two or more nights of eligible lodging.
World's Largest Snow Fort opens
The World's Largest Snow Fort returns to Keystone's Dercum Mountain this December and it's bigger and better than ever, according to a release from the resort, offering families the ultimate snow playground at 11,640 vertical feet. Featuring a series of tunnels, slides and mazes, the mountaintop fort is a staple of Keystone's Kidtopia offerings, the release continued, and provides free family entertainment for all. The fort is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 17 and is free to guests with lift access.
Free Ski and Ride School clinics
Bumps, turns and trails — Keystone has them all for the older crowd. The Keystone Ski and Ride School hosts free clinics throughout December, including an introduction to moguls, skiing parallel, linking snowboard turns, terrain selection and mountain safety.
Clinics are held on Dec. 2-4, Dec. 9-11 and Dec. 16-18. All sessions begin at 11 a.m. and participants must be 16 years or older. Register in advance by calling the ski school at 800-255-3715.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Results from 2017 Gold Run Rush, Keystone BME and Breck MTN Enduro
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)