Meet Mikaela Shiffrin at the Westin Riverfront in Avon on June 2
June 2, 2017
Today's your chance to meet a real-live Olympic gold medalist in person.
At 5:30 p.m. today (June 2), The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa in Avon (the base of Beaver Creek Resort) is hosting a community Q&A with Mikaela Shiffrin, an EagleVail native who just so happens to be the best female slalom skier in the world. And she's only 22 years old.
Don't let that fool you, though. Shiffrin, who trains at The Westin Riverfront as the resort's resident gold medalist, is articulate and entertaining. During the informal Q&A, she will answer questions about how she achieved her overall World Cup title this winter and how she's preparing for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Shiffrin won her first Olympic slalom gold medal in Sochi, Russia in 2014.
Held on the resort's Pool Deck, the event is free and open to the public. Due to construction at the hotel, the best parking option is on town of Avon public streets. Limited valet parking may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Along with Shiffrin, the Westin Riverfront Laps Pool Bar will be bumping with live music, as well as a poolside menu that offers delicious drinks, snacks, sandwiches and salads.
For more information about the Shiffrin Q&A or Friday afternoon activities, visit WestinRiverfrontBeaverCreek.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- Mountain Wheels: Volkswagen’s Southwest SUV road trip offers glimpse of Atlas (review)
- Take 5: An interview with first chair legend Nate Dogggg
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says