Meet Mikaela Shiffrin at the Westin Riverfront in Avon on June 2
June 2, 2017
Today's your chance to meet a real-live Olympic gold medalist in person.
At 5:30 p.m. today (June 2), The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa in Avon (the base of Beaver Creek Resort) is hosting a community Q&A with Mikaela Shiffrin, an EagleVail native who just so happens to be the best female slalom skier in the world. And she's only 22 years old.
Don't let that fool you, though. Shiffrin, who trains at The Westin Riverfront as the resort's resident gold medalist, is articulate and entertaining. During the informal Q&A, she will answer questions about how she achieved her overall World Cup title this winter and how she's preparing for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Shiffrin won her first Olympic slalom gold medal in Sochi, Russia in 2014.
Held on the resort's Pool Deck, the event is free and open to the public. Due to construction at the hotel, the best parking option is on town of Avon public streets. Limited valet parking may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Along with Shiffrin, the Westin Riverfront Laps Pool Bar will be bumping with live music, as well as a poolside menu that offers delicious drinks, snacks, sandwiches and salads.
For more information about the Shiffrin Q&A or Friday afternoon activities, visit WestinRiverfrontBeaverCreek.com.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- Dirt, wind and pirates in Frisco at Timberline Cruiser Regatta and free Frisco Bike Fling on June 24
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Results from the 2017 Morning Thunder trail race, plus Summit Titans win hoops tourney
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)