Montee Ball gets first-team reps as running back at Broncos practice
August 26, 2013
Montee Ball has next.
The Broncos rookie running back, their second-round draft pick this year out of Wisconsin, was moved to the first team during Monday's practice. The move comes on the heels of two straight weeks of fumbles for Ronnie Hillman, who had been taking the lion's share of the first-team reps.
Broncos coach John Fox downplayed Ball's first-team reps after Monday's practice.
"It's just practice, I wouldn't read too much into anything," Fox said. "We're evaluating everybody regardless of who gets what reps at what number. So, he's a guy that we want to get some touches and we'll go from there."
Hillman continues to be listed as the starting running back on the Broncos depth chart.
Meanwhile, Monday morning's biggest new participation headline was running back Jeremiah Johnson, who has not played in a preseason game to this point rehabbing a toe injury, back at practice. Johnson was one of two Broncos to return to drills.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to extend season with bonus weekend
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide