Montee Ball gets first-team reps as running back at Broncos practice
August 26, 2013
Montee Ball has next.
The Broncos rookie running back, their second-round draft pick this year out of Wisconsin, was moved to the first team during Monday's practice. The move comes on the heels of two straight weeks of fumbles for Ronnie Hillman, who had been taking the lion's share of the first-team reps.
Broncos coach John Fox downplayed Ball's first-team reps after Monday's practice.
"It's just practice, I wouldn't read too much into anything," Fox said. "We're evaluating everybody regardless of who gets what reps at what number. So, he's a guy that we want to get some touches and we'll go from there."
Hillman continues to be listed as the starting running back on the Broncos depth chart.
Meanwhile, Monday morning's biggest new participation headline was running back Jeremiah Johnson, who has not played in a preseason game to this point rehabbing a toe injury, back at practice. Johnson was one of two Broncos to return to drills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails
- Colorado Escapist: A Summit County summer survival guide for kids and parents
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail