No. 6 Syracuse upsets No. 1 Louisville 70-68
January 19, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Brandon Triche scored 23 points and Michael Carter-Williams scored the final four points as No. 6 Syracuse rallied to upset No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday in a showdown of unbeaten Big East Conference teams. It was the second straight Saturday No. 1 went down as Duke lost to then-No. 20 North Carolina State 84-76. It was the Orange’s third straight win over the Cardinals. Carter-Williams had 16 points, Jerami Grant and C.J. Fair both had 10 for the Orange (17-1, 5-0) who won their seventh straight. Russ Smith’s 25 points led Louisville (16-2, 4-1), which had its 11-game winning streak stopped.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- Summit hosts regional cross-country meet, finishes one spot out of state qualification
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery