No. 6 Syracuse upsets No. 1 Louisville 70-68
January 19, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Brandon Triche scored 23 points and Michael Carter-Williams scored the final four points as No. 6 Syracuse rallied to upset No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday in a showdown of unbeaten Big East Conference teams. It was the second straight Saturday No. 1 went down as Duke lost to then-No. 20 North Carolina State 84-76. It was the Orange’s third straight win over the Cardinals. Carter-Williams had 16 points, Jerami Grant and C.J. Fair both had 10 for the Orange (17-1, 5-0) who won their seventh straight. Russ Smith’s 25 points led Louisville (16-2, 4-1), which had its 11-game winning streak stopped.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- On St. Patty’s Day, tradition runs strong with Vail’s Ravinos
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- KneeHab: Anatomy of an ACL injury, from Grade I to Grade III
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday