North American Cup Series hits Loveland Ski Area
November 23, 2012
The 2012-13 North American Cup Series, a steppingstone tour for aspiring World Cup racers, begins this weekend at Loveland Ski Area with men’s slalom races on Saturday and Sunday and women’s slalom races on Monday and Tuesday.
Athletes winning discipline titles, as well as the runners-up, receive World Cup starts for the next season. This year’s field is made up of 100 of the world’s best racers from 15 countries including the defending champion from last season, Will Brandenburg (USA).
“Loveland is honored to host some of the best young ski racers in the world to kick-off this year’s Nor-Am Cup,” said Rob Goodell, director of business operations for the ski area. “The course is in great shape for these elite racers and we invite everyone to Loveland Valley to watch as they begin their quest for a World Cup start.”
The races will be held at Loveland Valley on the run Twist. The first start is at 9 a.m. each day with the second run starting at noon. Award ceremonies will take place each day approximately 30 minutes after the end of the second session at the base area of Loveland Valley. Spectators are invited to watch the race and will be able to access the race course at Loveland Valley via a walkway from the base area.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Summit Extreme Black Diamonds go 0-6 in week 3
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center