Norwegian ski movie “Supervention” screening at CMC Speaker Series
March 4, 2014
The Colorado Mountain College (CMC) Speaker Series continues Wednesday, March 5, with a screening of the Norwegian ski movie "Supervention." The showing starts at 7 p.m. at the Eileen and Paul Finkel Auditorium at CMC in Breckenridge. Tickets will be $10.
The film produced by Norwegian-based Field Productions has been touring on a limited release in the United States. More well-known abroad, the film company is on par with the big name ski movie production companies in the U.S. like Matchstick Productions and Warren Miller. This is Field Production's ninth movie.
"They sold something like 30,000 tickets to this film in Norway in a month," Todd Anders Johnson of Risan Media LLC in Breckenridge said. He met with members of the Field team while abroad last year and reached out to them to produce showings here in the U.S.
"I think the cinematography is pretty unreal," he said of the movie adding, "it's not just athletes hitting their lines and moving on. It gives you an inside look into the athletes themselves."
The You Tube movie trailer effectively backs up Johnson's statement with what looks to be a large avalanche releasing in the first 10 seconds of footage. Outside Magazine listed it as one of the Best Adventure Films of 2013. While it may have flown under the radar when compared to this year's U.S. releases like "Into the Mind," "Valhalla" and "McConkey," based on a number of reviews, the two-year project from the Norwegian company would appear to be well worth checking out.
Produced by Filip Christensen, the film largely features big mountain and urban shooting locations throughout Norway, with additional segments in Alaska, California, Sweden and New Zealand.
"The film is really well done," Johnson said.
The Colorado Mountain College Speaker Series features a number of topics geared toward Summit County residents and outdoor enthusiasts.
More information is available at http://www.CMCBreck.com
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Gallery: Sirens of Lake Dillon at the 10th Timberline Cruiser Regatta (photos)
- Go virtual snow tubing at Keystone Resort on a sunny June afternoon (360 video)
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Breckenridge Dew Tour, Copper U.S. Grand Prix now qualifiers for 2018 Winter Olympics
- Mountain Wheels: Volvo’s revised XC60 SUV amps up the speed, safety (review)
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- Knopf: Why does Colorado make it so hard for immigrant to get driver’s licenses? (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation