Nuggets blast Celtics, 97-90
February 20, 2013
They questioned it, folks in the front office, folks across the Front Range. Should Denver trade Danilo Gallinari? It was in late November, and the sharpshooter wasn’t even shooting 40 percent.
The Nuggets received calls about the 24-year-old forward, but the front office decided to wait. Let Gallo grow. Let Gallo find gall.
Well the trade deadline is Thursday, and Gallo’s likely to stay. He spearheaded Denver’s 97-90 home win Tuesday against Boston, scoring 26 points while making four of his nine 3-point attempts. In efforts to make up for teammate Andre Iguodala, who scored one point, Gallinari stuffed the stat sheet with a Dre-like night, tallying five boards and five assists, along with a plus-20, best on the night.
And after the game, Gallinari said in an interview played in the arena: “I’m sorry for Boston fans. They got to get out of here.”
The Pepsi Center was bubbling all night due to the fact that hundreds of loud and proud (annoying and brash?) Bostonians were in the building. At halftime at the Tuaca Chill Zone in Section 140, a passionate “Let’s go, Cel-tics!” chant broke out. Later, it happened in the actual arena.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January