Nuggets blast Celtics, 97-90
February 20, 2013
They questioned it, folks in the front office, folks across the Front Range. Should Denver trade Danilo Gallinari? It was in late November, and the sharpshooter wasn’t even shooting 40 percent.
The Nuggets received calls about the 24-year-old forward, but the front office decided to wait. Let Gallo grow. Let Gallo find gall.
Well the trade deadline is Thursday, and Gallo’s likely to stay. He spearheaded Denver’s 97-90 home win Tuesday against Boston, scoring 26 points while making four of his nine 3-point attempts. In efforts to make up for teammate Andre Iguodala, who scored one point, Gallinari stuffed the stat sheet with a Dre-like night, tallying five boards and five assists, along with a plus-20, best on the night.
And after the game, Gallinari said in an interview played in the arena: “I’m sorry for Boston fans. They got to get out of here.”
The Pepsi Center was bubbling all night due to the fact that hundreds of loud and proud (annoying and brash?) Bostonians were in the building. At halftime at the Tuaca Chill Zone in Section 140, a passionate “Let’s go, Cel-tics!” chant broke out. Later, it happened in the actual arena.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen