Nuggets brass says Karl is safe
May 13, 2013
There has been much buzz around Denver about the future of George Karl, after the Nuggets coach lost 4-2 in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs to the Warriors.
"George is under contract for next year. At this point in time, we haven't really given any thought to making any change whatsoever," Nuggets president Josh Kroenke told The Denver Post and nuggets.com. "As we do at the end of every season, we'll have internal meetings and George will obviously be a major part of them. We won 57 games and in my mind, he should hands down be the NBA coach of the year. We'll all put our heads together and try to figure out what happened (in the playoffs) and why it happened. We were without our second-leading scorer, and some benefit of the doubt should be given to a coach with well over 1,000 wins without one of his leading scorers (Danilo Gallinari) in the playoffs."
Karl won 57 games with Denver this season, the most a Nuggets team ever won in the NBA, but the No. 3-seeded Nuggets weren't themselves against the No. 6-seeded Warriors.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- From Bucks to Bolts: Breckenridge welcomes new junior hockey program for 2017-18 season
- Mountain Wheels: All-wheel-drive Toyota Sienna offers interior hugeness (review)
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Minnie Mine trail (video)
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Hiker dies on Conundrum Creek Trail near Aspen, Pitkin County officials say
- Mountain Town News: Jackson Hole preparing for crowd like none other
- A viewer’s guide for Monday’s solar eclipse
- 100 homes sold for $90M breaks record for Colorado mountain towns, developer says
- A Summit County, Colorado, guide to the Great American Eclipse