October skiing on Loveland Pass (photo slideshow)
October 7, 2017
On Tuesday morning, skiers and snowboarders trekked out to Loveland Pass for some early season fresh powder turns. Summit's nearby ski area, Arapahoe Basin, received 19 inches of snow in two days as of last Monday morning. The conditions were cold enough for light snow and deep enough to avoid hitting the ground if you could find the right route, or right dozen. See more images of the October bluebird day on SummitDaily.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Bill Kresge completes mission to hula-hoop all 56 Coloado 14ers
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says