On the Hill: 2 inches of fresh snow brings creamy lines to Arapahoe Basin
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: With a creamy two inches on the ground, reporter Joe Moylan enjoyed a top to bottom burn at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin official report: 2″ of new snow overnight, 2" in the last three days
Explore Summit field report: There was 2 inches of new snow at 8:30 a.m., creating creamy early morning conditions.
Weather: 2 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenawee Face to Dercum’s Gulch to Ramrod
Breakdown: A-Basin is running six lifts, providing access to 100-percent of its green terrain, 80-percent of its blue terrain and 34-percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 17 degrees today, downright tropical by comparison to last week. There’s a chance for another inch or two of snow before nightfall. Weather could be breezy and sunny for the rest of the week.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado kayakers, rafters won’t get high flows on the mellow Blue River this Memorial Day weekend
- Summit ‘Rugby’ County, USA: Home to the Blue Goose, Renegades and Summit Tigers rugby clubs
- Mountain Wheels: Audi’s high-energy SQ5 SUV aims at performance-minded drivers (review)
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- Peaceful conclusion to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- Two climbers rescued after all-night mission on Quandary Peak Monday
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town