On the Hill: 2 inches of fresh snow brings creamy lines to Arapahoe Basin
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: With a creamy two inches on the ground, reporter Joe Moylan enjoyed a top to bottom burn at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin official report: 2″ of new snow overnight, 2" in the last three days
Explore Summit field report: There was 2 inches of new snow at 8:30 a.m., creating creamy early morning conditions.
Weather: 2 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenawee Face to Dercum’s Gulch to Ramrod
Breakdown: A-Basin is running six lifts, providing access to 100-percent of its green terrain, 80-percent of its blue terrain and 34-percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 17 degrees today, downright tropical by comparison to last week. There’s a chance for another inch or two of snow before nightfall. Weather could be breezy and sunny for the rest of the week.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge Bike Guide: Gold Run Rush preview (video)
- A world-class cliff-diver’s letter to his younger self
- Work It Out: 8 best yoga poses for recovery and relaxation
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Results from the 2017 Morning Thunder trail race, plus Summit Titans win hoops tourney
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Sexual misconduct charges against former Copper Mountain maintenance worker dismissed on eve of re-trial