On the Hill: 2 inches of fresh snow brings creamy lines to Arapahoe Basin
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: With a creamy two inches on the ground, reporter Joe Moylan enjoyed a top to bottom burn at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin official report: 2″ of new snow overnight, 2" in the last three days
Explore Summit field report: There was 2 inches of new snow at 8:30 a.m., creating creamy early morning conditions.
Weather: 2 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenawee Face to Dercum’s Gulch to Ramrod
Breakdown: A-Basin is running six lifts, providing access to 100-percent of its green terrain, 80-percent of its blue terrain and 34-percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 17 degrees today, downright tropical by comparison to last week. There’s a chance for another inch or two of snow before nightfall. Weather could be breezy and sunny for the rest of the week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back