On the Hill: 2 inches of fresh snow brings creamy lines to Arapahoe Basin
Ryan Summerlin December 24, 2013
VIDEO: With a creamy two inches on the ground, reporter Joe Moylan enjoyed a top to bottom burn at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin official report: 2″ of new snow overnight, 2” in the last three days
Explore Summit field report: There was 2 inches of new snow at 8:30 a.m., creating creamy early morning conditions.
Weather: 2 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenawee Face to Dercum’s Gulch to Ramrod
Breakdown: A-Basin is running six lifts, providing access to 100-percent of its green terrain, 80-percent of its blue terrain and 34-percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 17 degrees today, downright tropical by comparison to last week. There’s a chance for another inch or two of snow before nightfall. Weather could be breezy and sunny for the rest of the week.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Dear Drewbie: Dispatches from the Breckenridge Road Marathon
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review