On the Hill: 2 inches of fresh snow brings creamy lines to Arapahoe Basin
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: With a creamy two inches on the ground, reporter Joe Moylan enjoyed a top to bottom burn at Arapahoe Basin.
Arapahoe Basin official report: 2″ of new snow overnight, 2” in the last three days
Explore Summit field report: There was 2 inches of new snow at 8:30 a.m., creating creamy early morning conditions.
Weather: 2 degrees at 8:30 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 8:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Lenawee Face to Dercum’s Gulch to Ramrod
Breakdown: A-Basin is running six lifts, providing access to 100-percent of its green terrain, 80-percent of its blue terrain and 34-percent of its expert terrain.
Snowcast: The NOAA is calling for a high of 17 degrees today, downright tropical by comparison to last week. There’s a chance for another inch or two of snow before nightfall. Weather could be breezy and sunny for the rest of the week.
Trending In: Sports
- Slaying the first North American superpipe at the 2016 Rev Tour in Copper Mountain (photos and video)
- Summit’s Hanna Markel makes D-1 women’s hockey debut with University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Dew Tour Day 1: Harlaut, Sildaru and McMorris dominate the big-air slopestyle jump in a blizzard
- Dew Tour cancels modified superpipe with Danny Davis, Kelly Clark for 2016
- Dew Tour welcomes a new era with friends, family and fresh powder galore
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend