On the Hill video report: Blue skies at Copper Mountain
February 21, 2014
VIDEO: Summit Daily News sports and outdoor editor Sebastian Foltz enjoys some unexpected sun at Copper Mountain.
Copper Mountain Resort: Reporting 2 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, 6 in the past 48 hours and 13 in the past week. Forecasting snow to continue today with 1"-3" possible, a high of 20 degrees and gusty west winds.
Explore Summit field report: No lines, no waiting. Forecast called for mostly cloudy, but it was mostly blue skies this morning. Chilly with a light breeze.
Weather: 17 degrees at 9 a.m.
Liftline status: No line at 9 a.m.
Run of the day: Andy's Encore to Ore Deal
Breakdown: Copper is running all 23 lifts. Spalding Bowl expected to open after morning avalanche mitigation work.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting snow likely with areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -12. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Tonight Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -6. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Trending In: Sports
- Young again: Scenes from the 2017 Summit Count 50+ Winter Games
- Mountain Wheels: Best-selling Toyota Camry goes long and lean for its latest generation (column)
- In the Field: From backpacking Summit County to Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, we learn to embrace the unknown
- Back pain? Be gone with 7 yoga poses from physical therapists
- ‘Writing the book’: On a ski bike at Keystone with Devin Lenz of Lenz Sports
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont