PHOTOS: Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes out Colorado ski and ride season
June 24, 2014
The first to open and the last to close. More than 440 inches of snow, 241 days of skiing.
Who else but Summit County's Arapahoe Basin Ski Area would hit those milestones in a single season?
On Sunday, a few thousand diehard skiers — many of them in festive costumes and summer clothes — descended on A-Basin for one last hurrah. The Colorado ski season is officially over.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- Dear Drewbie: Your feelings are what you eat (seriously) when it comes to mood and food
- KneeHab: 7 yoga poses for ACL rehab and recovery
- The Outsider: Is Gaper Day at A-Basin on the decline?
- Spring ice fishing on the honey holes of Lake Dillon