PHOTOS: Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes out Colorado ski and ride season
Ryan Summerlin June 24, 2014
The first to open and the last to close. More than 440 inches of snow, 241 days of skiing.
Who else but Summit County’s Arapahoe Basin Ski Area would hit those milestones in a single season?
On Sunday, a few thousand diehard skiers — many of them in festive costumes and summer clothes — descended on A-Basin for one last hurrah. The Colorado ski season is officially over.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Dear Drewbie: Dispatches from the Breckenridge Road Marathon
- Take 5: Chile’s Atacama Crossing with vegan ultrarunner Ben Dame
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- High Gear: Cooper Discoverer M+S tire review