PHOTOS: Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes out Colorado ski and ride season
June 24, 2014
The first to open and the last to close. More than 440 inches of snow, 241 days of skiing.
Who else but Summit County's Arapahoe Basin Ski Area would hit those milestones in a single season?
On Sunday, a few thousand diehard skiers — many of them in festive costumes and summer clothes — descended on A-Basin for one last hurrah. The Colorado ski season is officially over.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Dillon Marina, Frisco Bay Marina open for 2017 boating season on Memorial Day weekend
- Cycling heavyweight Tyler Hamilton (plus free beer!) at Westin Riverfront in Avon June 8
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit County Ark Sharks win R4 Nationals rafting comp, now headed to 2018 Worlds
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process