PHOTOS: Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes out Colorado ski and ride season
June 24, 2014
The first to open and the last to close. More than 440 inches of snow, 241 days of skiing.
Who else but Summit County's Arapahoe Basin Ski Area would hit those milestones in a single season?
On Sunday, a few thousand diehard skiers — many of them in festive costumes and summer clothes — descended on A-Basin for one last hurrah. The Colorado ski season is officially over.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Fourth of July weekend brings freedom from the ordinary with racing, fishing derbies for whole family
- X Games medalist Matt Ladley takes on ‘Amazing Race’
- Gallery: Tail-tap the sky at the Frisco Bike Park summer jump jam (photos)
- Results from 2017 Gold Run Rush, Keystone BME and Breck MTN Enduro
- Big Mountain Enduro at Keystone draws riders from across U.S.
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)