Powerbar Colorado Cup snowshoe race and state championship returns to Summit County
February 7, 2014
The sixth annual Powerbar Colorado Cup and high school snowshoe state championships will return to the High Country this Saturday at Summit High School. The event combines the adult 10K snowshoe qualifier for the 2014 United States Snowshoe National Championships held this year in Vermont. Membership in the U.S. Snowshoe Association is required to qualify for the Vermont race. In conjunction with the adult-level Colorado Cup, the event also includes the 5K high school snowshoe state championship. Both races will be run on courses set up at the high school and surrounding areas. The courses are expected to be similar to the national championship course set up there two years ago.
There will also be a 2K fun walk and middle school division 5K. All races are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Saturday. Day-of registration is available on site. Runners in the 2K and 5K races can register for $25. The 10K fee is $35.
All proceeds benefit the Summit High School girls rugby team. The first 70 participants will receive a free shirt, gift bag and lunch. Organizers expect about 50 high school and middle school participants and about 20 adults. Awards will be presented after the race.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Summit soccer finds groove too late in home loss to Eagle Valley, 1-3
- In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
- Summit girls lacross wins 3 in a row, plus Tigers baseball and track results
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access