Practice yoga, save the world for free at Meta Yoga in Breck on June 14
June 13, 2017
Yoga might be a personal practice, but today is your chance to help yoga impact the world, one free (or mostly free) session at a time.
Today (June 14) from 7-8:30 p.m., local instructor Jenni Frank hosts a donation-based class to benefit two local yogis fighting for global water justice. The class is hosted at Meta Yoga Studio (118 S. Ridge Street in Breckenridge). All proceeds are donated to Amber Cook and Diana Oppenheim, a pair of friends who will bike over 900 miles along the West Coast in one month this summer to raise $10,000 for Blue Planet Project, a global nonprofit dedicated to bringing clean water to anyone and everyone who needs it. Bring your mat, a donation and willingness to support a cause bigger than your local studio. The class is also a great chance to create awareness and spark a mini revolution in the name of water justice. To find out more or donate if you can't make the class, see Cook and Oppenheim's site at BikeYogaWater.wixsite.com/Bike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- Mountain Wheels: Volkswagen’s Southwest SUV road trip offers glimpse of Atlas (review)
- Take 5: An interview with first chair legend Nate Dogggg
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says