Practice yoga, save the world for free at Meta Yoga in Breck on June 14
June 13, 2017
Yoga might be a personal practice, but today is your chance to help yoga impact the world, one free (or mostly free) session at a time.
Today (June 14) from 7-8:30 p.m., local instructor Jenni Frank hosts a donation-based class to benefit two local yogis fighting for global water justice. The class is hosted at Meta Yoga Studio (118 S. Ridge Street in Breckenridge). All proceeds are donated to Amber Cook and Diana Oppenheim, a pair of friends who will bike over 900 miles along the West Coast in one month this summer to raise $10,000 for Blue Planet Project, a global nonprofit dedicated to bringing clean water to anyone and everyone who needs it. Bring your mat, a donation and willingness to support a cause bigger than your local studio. The class is also a great chance to create awareness and spark a mini revolution in the name of water justice. To find out more or donate if you can't make the class, see Cook and Oppenheim's site at BikeYogaWater.wixsite.com/Bike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Abuse from fans among reasons for football official shortage in western Colorado
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge Hiking Trails: Mohawk Lake
- Mountain Wheels: Honda’s boy-toy Civic Si is an asphalt-ripper (review)
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- Police ID man who died in crash south of Kremmling; criminal charges follow for driver
- Man killed in Swan Mountain Road motorcycle crash identified
- Summit County police blotter: Man steals bike, accidentally sells it to victim’s boyfriend
- CDOT pondering more I-70 improvements to alleviate traffic between Denver and the mountains
- New all-time record for traffic at Eisenhower Tunnel set Aug. 6