Prayers, donations for injured Winter X contender
January 30, 2013
GRAND JUNCTION – Prayers are pouring in and fans are donating money for a Winter X Games snowmobile competitor who is in critical condition following a crash last week.
Caleb Moore was performing a flip off a jump last week when he caught the top of the hill in the landing area and went over the handlebars. The 25-year-old was able to walk away but later developed bleeding around his heart and a secondary complication involving his brain.
No update on his condition was available Wednesday.
To help defray the medical costs, a website has been set up for the family to raise $300,000 to help pay his hospital bills.
Trending In: Sports
- Meet Nate Dogggg’s heirs to 1st chair at Arapahoe Basin
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Colorado Escapist: The Skyrunning Capital of America in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Pre-season training for avalanche rescue dogs? It’s a thing
- Take 5: An interview with first chair legend Nate Dogggg