Retrofitted: Onesies, monoskis and Asian Persuasion on Gaper Day at Arapahoe Basin
April 18, 2016
On April Fools' Day, more than 2,000 skiers and snowboarders dressed in their best retro gear for Gaper Day, Colorado's annual ode to old-school onesies, monoskis, Canadian tuxedoes and cowboy hats. The gear came from thrift stores, dusty wardrobes and everywhere in between, but on Gaper Day, it was all part of the dress code for a snow party at Arapahoe Basin. Enjoy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Prep roundup: Tigers XC posts 18 personal-bests in Rifle
- Team Summit freestyle skier Tori Ware recognized as USSA Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star
- Mountain Wheels: Volkswagen’s Southwest SUV road trip offers glimpse of Atlas (review)
- Take 5: An interview with first chair legend Nate Dogggg
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says